SHAZAM Community
Ask Your Question

What does the message "MsFlxGrd.ocx not registered" mean?

asked 2011-03-10 19:06:07 +0000

A SHAZAM User asked:

I bought SHAZAM Version 10 Professional Edition a few years back and never had a problem with it. Recently I tried to install it on my laptop; the process went without any trouble, but now if I call up the program I get the following error message: "MsFlxGrd.ocx not registered"

The standard edition does work fine.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2011-03-11 17:53:56 +0000

David gravatar image

updated 2011-03-15 14:47:57 +0000

If you have version 10, the MsFlxGrd.ocx issue can be resolved by installing Service Pack 1 and then the latest update from http://www.econometrics.com/up.

If you have version 9 then the cause is likely because the user account under which SHAZAM was installed did not have Local Administrator privileges and hence the registration failed. To manually resolve this you can try:

1. From the Start Key go to ‘Programs’ then ‘Accessories’ then use the RIGHT mouse button to select ‘Run as administrator’ on the ‘Command Prompt’

2. Type: regsvr32 c:\SHAZAM\msflxgrd.ocx and press the Enter key. (Ensure the path to the file is correct).

If this fails to resolve the problem then the only option is to upgrade to SHAZAM Version 10 SP1 or later.

MsFlxGrd.ocx was a Microsoft Grid control used within SHAZAM versions 9 and 10. This was replaced in SHAZAM version 10 Service Pack 1. Subsequently the grid control was deprecated by Microsoft and is now no longer supported on Windows.

This problem does not affect the Standard Edition of any SHAZAM version.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Comments

The faq item for this is here: http://www.econometrics.com/faq/faqin...

SHAZAMHelp gravatar imageSHAZAMHelp ( 2011-03-12 08:28:26 +0000 )edit
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

Stats

Asked: 2011-03-10 19:06:07 +0000

Seen: 1,224 times

Last updated: Mar 15 '11

Related questions