SHAZAM Community
Ask Your Question

How do I permanently increase the memory?

asked 2011-08-16 06:45:17 +0000

n1kk0 gravatar image

I used PAR to increase the amount of memory but after I restart shazam it goes back to the default. How can I permanently increase the memory?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2011-08-16 08:40:33 +0000

David gravatar image

This can be done using the STOP SAVE command.

e.g. Type:

par 100000
stop save

Click 'Run' to allocate 100 Megabytes of system RAM to SHAZAM.

In versions earlier than SHAZAM 10.2 you will then need to restart SHAZAM. From SHAZAM 10.2 onwards, no restart is required.

If you need to confirm the change then type:

dump welcome

and again click 'Run' which will show the amount allocated following the change.

N.B. SHAZAM performs all calculations within a single static memory array defined by the value of PAR. SHAZAM uses extremely efficient algorithms to manage its own memory within this static memory array and this gives much greater performance than using dynamic memory. In software that uses dynamic memory allocation, memory is shared with other programs on your computer and requests for memory can impact performance significantly due to the overheads involved by the operating system memory allocator. Using the STOP SAVE setting with PAR uses the operating system memory allocator only once on SHAZAM start prior to any SHAZAM programs being executed.

edit flag offensive delete link more
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

Stats

Asked: 2011-08-16 06:45:17 +0000

Seen: 2,859 times

Last updated: Aug 16 '11

Related questions