SHAZAM Community
Ask Your Question

how do I set the default directory

asked 2014-03-14 13:13:05 +0000

yorgos gravatar image

updated 2014-03-15 05:35:07 +0000

the program always goes to a directory of its choice, which is not where my files are stored. How do I change the default directory?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2014-03-15 10:04:53 +0000

updated 2014-03-29 09:50:58 +0000

To alter the directory (path) for each command script use the FILE PATH command. e.g.

file path C:\SHAZAMWorkspaces\

Within the SHAZAM Environment, to set a single path globally for Workspaces use the Options dialog:

Options - General

Usually it is best to use a Workspace (which sets a default path for the work being done).

The SHAZAM Environment will usually default to the path of the current file when opened in one of the SHAZAM editors (input, output, procedure, graph, data) or to the current Workspace if one is used.

The rules in the Environment in most cases are:

1. If defined use the global (Workspace) Path the user wants (options dialog)

2. If the item is in the workspace, then it has been saved so it has a path, use the file's path

3. If the item is not in the Workspace, use the file's path, or ...

4. If the item has no path (not saved) then use the workspace path (if defined), the Current Path (application) or the SHAZAM default documents path defined as: [User Documents Path]\SHAZAM

5. Default: Otherwise the default is the SHAZAM App path (i.e. if not saved and no Documents path enabled)

edit flag offensive delete link more
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

1 follower

Stats

Asked: 2014-03-14 13:13:05 +0000

Seen: 193 times

Last updated: Mar 29 '14