SHAZAM Community
Ask Your Question

Is there an easy way to compute EKS price index?

asked 2015-03-04 23:11:01 +0000

anonymous user

Anonymous

updated 2015-09-22 08:59:36 +0000

The EKS index avoids base-group bias in multilateral comparisons as it is the geometric mean of bilateral Fisher indices computed using all possible bases. Is there an easy way to compute it?

Also, with panel data, to make cross-sectional EKS indices comparable over time, Robert Hill (AER, 2004) suggests a method that uses a time-series of price indices to link them over time. Is there a Shazam procedure to do that?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

Comments

Hello, Maybe that's not totally related to what your asking but it is very important to me and my family. I am a family with one of the inventors of the EKS index, Szul (the last letter of the index comes from the first letter of his surname). Is the EKS index still in use or it's a thing of the past? Is that possible for any of the users to explain it to me what this index is all about in a language for a layman in statistics. I know higher mathematics so it might be easier for you.

I would really apreciate your help. If you don't know the answers to the questions I asked it will be a great help if you give me contact who knows more about the topic or if you know a title of a book where I can find ...(more)

chudytom gravatar imagechudytom ( 2015-10-30 20:24:00 +0000 )edit

1 answer

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-03-04 23:19:06 +0000

Daehoon Nahm gravatar image

Hi, Please see the following procedures for the EKS index, one for cross-sectional data and the other for panel data. Explanations can be found in the input file. Hope you will find them useful. Daehoon Nahm

Cross-sectional Data: input procedure example input example data

Panel Data: input procedure example input example data

edit flag offensive delete link more
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

Stats

Asked: 2015-03-04 23:11:01 +0000

Seen: 12,111 times

Last updated: Oct 30 '15